Faculty of Social and Political Science
Dean: Said Romadlan, M.Si.
Vice Dean: Dr. H. Syaiful Rohim, M.Si.
Faculty of Social and Political Science (FISIP) University of Muhammadiyah Prof. DR. HAMKA (UHAMKA) was established on June 5, 1998 based on the Decree of the Director General of Higher Education of the Ministry of Education and Culture No. 163 / Dikti / Kep / 1998. The main background of the founding of FISIP UHAMKA is as a form of UHAMKA participation in the intellectual life of people and nation. In addition, this faculty is as UHAMKA’s response to the rapid development of the world of science and technology with the emphasis on Islamic values in all its activities.
As a faculty that is under the umbrella of UHAMKA which is one of Muhammadiyah Higher University (PTM) and as well as a amal usaha (special task force) of Muhammadiyah, FISIP UHAMKA in all forms of activities both in academic and non-academic always represent the values of Islamic teachings that reflect honesty, openness, and concern for the needs of the user community (stakeholders).
Currently, FISIP UHAMKA opened Study Program of Comunication Science strata one (S-1) with 5 (five) specializations, such as Mass Communication, Public Relation, Advertising, Broadcasting and Communication Management (employee class). The Study Program of Communication has been accredited “A” through the decree of National Accreditation Board of the Ministry of National Education RI. 197 / BAN-PT / Ak-XVI / S / IX / 2013, 26 September 2013. As an effort to increase competitiveness in the future, FISIP UHAMKA has implemented an integrated service system using ISO 9001: 2008 standard.
VISION, MISSION, AND OBJECTIVES
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
The main faculty that produces scholars of social science and political science who have intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social intelligence and the spirit of Islamic entrepreneur in 2018.
To achieve the Vision above, the Faculty of Social and Political Science sets the Mission as follows :
- Conducting quality education and teaching to produce a superior and competitive Bachelor of Social and Political Science.
- Developing and conducting research of Social and Political Science by utilizing the application of information technology.
- Conducting community service activities as one of the process of consolidation and utilization of science for the society especially related to Social and Political Science.
- Integrating the values of Islam and Kemuhammadiyahan in science and technology, to the nobility of morals, and professional maturity.
- Producing the scholars of social and political science that are Islamic, competent in science, professional, and active role in society.
- Producing the scholars of social and political science who are ready to pioneer the freedom of scientific thinking which imbued with the spirit of ketauhidan.
- Producing the scholars of social and political science who are sincerely filial, spirit of dakwah, and persistent entrepreneurship.
Jl. Limau II, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan
Website : www.fisip.uhamka.ac.id
Phone and Fax. (021) 7205218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com